This documentation describes the ckanext-dcatdonl plugin developed by Textinfo B.V. on behalf of KOOP. This plugin implements the DCAT-AP-DONL 1.1 metadata standard into CKAN. DCAT-AP-DONL 1.1 is a DCAT application profile based on the profile of DCAT-AP-NL 1.1, which itself is based on the application profile of DCAT-AP-EU 1.1. It aims to reduce data duplications and to standardize values wherever possible.
It is important to note that while this extension updates the schema of CKAN, it does not provide front-end templates for these extended schemas. Users of this extension with the desire for such templates need to implement those templates themselves in a separate plugin.
A modified version of this extension is currently used in the CKAN environment of the Data.Overheid.nl webapplication. The most recent version of the public extension can be found on https://gitlab.textinfo.nl/opensource/ckanext-dcatdonl.
The following subjects are described
- how to install the plugin into a existing CKAN installation
- how to use the functionality the plugin introduces once it is installed
- the modifications to the CKAN schema that the plugin is responsible for
- the validation of this schema as defined by DCAT-AP-DONL 1.1
- description of all the valuelists and their locations
- the structure of the plugin code itself
For questions and/or comments regarding this CKAN extension please contact KOOP(Kennis- en Exploitatiecentrum Officiële Overheidspublicaties) via:
|Telephone:||(070) 7000 526|